True Leaders Don’t Create Followers, They…

Goal Setting, Ideation, Irresistible, Speaking
This is my favorite way of living life; via example. I believe in excellence in self, and also by celebrating the strengths of those around me. It is magic made in this moment. Teams are solidified, leaders are empowered through their own behavior, communities are lifted. "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung Taken a step further, once you are awakened, you can only then use this to create an awakening in those around you. "Great leaders find ways to connect with their people and help them fulfill their potential." Steven J. Stowell
Read More

How to Achieve Balance in Business and Life

Speaking
Standing in the back of the room at Ignite today, I'm busy doing a tree pose, cause it makes my body feel amazing on and off between sitting and stair hopping. Have you done the tree pose? Try it now. Leg straight, sole of one foot on opposite leg. See picture. Now hold for the count of 5 breaths. It's not as easy as it appears. While trying to achieve balance in this pose, as in life, I try to make the perfect pose with my body. I try to do the right thing. The only thing is, I keep fucking falling over! I'm achieving the actual pose for about 3% of the time, the other 97%of the time, I am swaying one way or another, practicing with my muscles,…
Read More
A Red Carpet Life: from Pauper to Fierce Publicist

A Red Carpet Life: from Pauper to Fierce Publicist

Speaking
[caption id="attachment_207" align="alignleft" width="373"] Asenath Horton, Publicist for Women Owned Businesses[/caption] 'Throw me to the wolves and I will come out leading the pack.' It's a picture of my bare feet. Well actually it was the view beyond my feet, of the hammock in my backyard, and of the wildly majestic garden filled with organic produce beyond my painted toes. My heart says contentment, of perfection in the moment... and I have many of these moments now. Let me take a moment to get real with you. I have seen the backside of a live cow's ass many times in my life; those cows now runnin' fo they lives. Care for a filet, my friend? There was a time when there wasn't one thing right in my world. As a little girl, I recall…
Read More

Empower Your Inner Energy To Do More

Irresistible, Speaking
There are more big ideas in this world than there are people willing to simply be themselves and express their ideas: DO THE WORK FRIENDS. Fear of failure and loosing face creates an unwillingness to show what you are really made of. This stops innovation dead in its tracks. "We should stop being afraid!!! It's interesting to me, that the largest percentage of women who aren't afraid to be authentically themselves have been abused in one way or another," explains Sidney Weeks of Fiore Jewelry. "It's incredibly sad that it takes something so ugly to bring out some of the best pieces of us." With just cause, on average, Women hide 75% of their personalities while men hide 45% of their personalities. Speaking of gender generalities: When SHE Says "Hey team, I'm…
Read More

Attention is Generosity

Goal Setting, Speaking
What if a solution is easier than we thought? Friendships, peace, quality, respect, personal and professional growth... What you give positive attention to will directly impact your ability to influence. In my garden, I want every piece of organic produce picked to be loaded with minerals, vitamins, and all the good stuff to integrally support a healthy body. I give piles of steer manure, cause that is what's needed for a plant to thrive, and in return, loads of organic produce, for my children, for myself, and for my unsuspecting friends and neighbors gifted with the overages of crunchy cucumbers harvested from the vines. Influence as an essence, is ones capacity to effect the movement of the people around us. Give your unique attention, filled with the essence of you.…
Read More

The three most powerful words… Being comfortable while getting to know a new friend

Speaking
Hi, I'm Asenath. There! That's three words. Easy to remember and easy to spit out of your face when in a position you don't know anyone and your afraid someone is going to be less than welcoming or randomly step on your foot and walk away if you try to say hello. People don't really do that in real life. Being conversational, however, can be tricky at times, so I've written down a simple way I remember small talk tips... it's called FORM and thinking of this word helps me to be a little less anxious when thinking about striking up a conversation with a friend I haven't met yet. Family. People love to chat about the people they love, and bonding over familial ties can be rewarding and turn…
Read More